Read awhile back that only about 3% of the people betting sports actually win. Want to be one? Read on.
Hey guys. Why should 97% of sports bettors lose money. It is my belief that there a few common mistakes they make that set them up to lose. A few changes to mindset and approach could be all the difference between winning and losing. And yes, you can do it easier than you think. Lets look at some changes you can make to change your approach.
1. Don't pay a ton for picks. Most touts charge a arm and leg for picks. That money is hard to make up. Even the best guys win 55-60%. If your paying top dollar and juice it makes it real hard to survive, Look, I believe you can pick games as good as any capper/pay service out there. There are a few steps. Test out different theories first. Think against grain. Do this for a period of time to see if it seems to be working. Do it on paper. If it is not winning adjust. I bet it would surprise you that if you use information provided all over this internet how easy it would be to find a niche.
2. If you don't want to pick yourself there are options. Option one would be to find a reasonably priced service out there. There are a few. I am not going to name them here but with some searching you can find them. Don't pay over 30-50 a month. Option two, the better one, is to find a free capper out there. Like me for instance. There are a lot of good ones who don't ask for much. Sometimes the just want you to promote them. Tells your friends. Why do we do it....some days I don't know. LOL. The main reason I like doing it is because I dream of being someone who has a big say in the business. But we do it and most of us do every bit as well or better than the touts. Now there are a couple things to look for first. Honesty. Make sure they keep up some records rather it be by twitter a blog or a website. Make sure they play the type of volume you want to. Watch out for guys who constantly add in game bets or unobtainable lines. The guy who constantly brags about guaranteed winners or 10 unit play of the century. Those type of actions should be a red flag.
3. Except that there will be losing streaks. Learn to ride them. Look, the best in world lose at times. It will happen no matter if your paying big bucks or few bucks a month, free capper or picking your own games. One the big problems is when your looking to choose a capper people always look to pick someone who is hot, Or if they are testing their own ideas and see something really doing well they jump right in. This really isn't all that great of a idea. This happens to me several times a year. I get hot and it drums up a lot of interest. My phone is going off non stop. Guys are telling me how they are starting to follow me and thanking me for my service. Then within days I go on a losing streak and I get trolled and called everything in book. The ones who ride it out are the ones who have made the bank long run. Be patient. If they have a good track record over time then they will probably bounce back nicely. It seems I have a bad week almost every month. Usually followed by a good one. WAY IT IS!
4. Bankroll management. I'm not going to get deep into this one. There are a ton of articles about it anywhere on the net. Main think is to set a unit price preferably between .5% and 3% of your bankroll. Adjust it weekly. And don't deviate. I personally use .5% because it has taken me along time to build my bankroll and I guard it like a hawk. This helps ya survive the losing streaks mentioned above. Just a note on this. Even if you have very small bankroll that is fine. This is a long term game and within a few short years you would be surprised the kind of growth ya can get with compounding interest.
5. This one I have the most trouble getting my followers to understand. YOU NEED MULTIPLE BOOKS! This allows you to shop lines. I use anywhere from 3-6 at any given time. They are easy to set up and with bitcoin now it is easy to move money around. And yes even saving a nickel per bet makes all the difference in the world over a course of a year. In bases you need a book with early lines. (Heritage is my favorite for that). I play some games as they come out. Believe me you will never get the best of it if you don't have this outlet. Some books are better for favorites and some better for dogs. Have the ability to play at both. Also as you start to grow bankroll and bets get bigger it gives you ability to spread bets around to avoid getting banned. This is rare but does happen. Especially with locals. They don't like to lose for long. Have the best outs.
Okay if you implement these 5 things you will be that much closer to being one of the 3% who can make money in this game. On a side note that usually comes up whenever I write about this, this doesn't mean you can make a living doing this. The harsh reality is if your not in Vegas with a very large bankroll you will probably never make a living betting sports. But you can have fun knowing you make some extra money and are among the elite sports bettors in the world. Don't be a monkey. Bet smart. Until next time. Sharky.